For toddlers 16 months to 36 months, the Montessori toddler program makes the most of your child’s first 3 years of life during rapid development and discovery.
As AMS Verified School, the Montessori toddler program is in an accommodating environment designed to have purposeful work on the shelves in a space built to their height. In this setting, the child can be independent and take ownership of their surroundings.
The environment we create is centered around freedom and respect because a child develops with independence. Children have the freedom to make choices and use movement to explore interests. This allows them to develop and practice skills of self-care that will prepare them for life.
A Look Inside Our Toddler Program
Montessori Toddler Program Schedule
AUGUST – MAY (ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR)
Academic Day Program
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Full Day Program
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
JUNE – AUGUST (SUMMER PROGRAMS)
We are located in Richmond, TX, just West of Houston, easily within daily driving distance of Katy, Sugar Land, and Fulshear.
Montessori Toddler Program Benefits
Children start learning as soon as they are born, so the sooner your child has exposure to an environment based on independence and respect, the better. When your toddler attends a Montessori school, they are supported by experienced guides (teachers), who work with parents to create the best environment for the child to thrive because what they learn and how they develop is shaped by their environment.
Montessori Guides VS Daycare Teachers
Montessori teachers are called guides because they guide, rather than direct your toddler, in the classroom. Instead of ordering your toddler on how to do tasks, they show kids how they can use materials and then let the child independently choose how they accomplish goals to build self-confidence and a personal sense of value. The guide’s role is to follow and observe the children in order to discover a child’s needs and interests as they progress through their day to to tailor growth for the individual child. Our Montessori toddler program guides offer encouraging support to the child so they leave the Montessori center each day with confidence, strength, and independence.
More Montessori Highlights: Toddler Program
- Spanish language learning: guides speak both English and Spanish
- Work areas including language, practical life, manipulative and expressive materials
- Activities that are tailored to your child’s developmental level, ability, and interests
- A dining area where children prepare foods and eat family style with their guides
- Area for napping and sleeping with provided mats, linens, and blankets
- Dressing and toileting areas, for learning independence in toileting and dressing
- Outdoor time in an environment with a private, secure, and shaded nature sanctuary
- Access to butterfly, herb gardens, vegetable gardens, bird feeders, and play equipment