We are a warm, friendly, independently-owned school, affiliated as a “full member” with the American Montessori Society (AMS) and recognized for our dedication to Authentic Montessori practices, engagement with the natural world and dual-language programs. We have a diverse and vibrant school community of approximately 150 students, representing over 30 countries. Our authentic Montessori communities serve students age Toddler through Elementary (6th grade) in the Katy, Richmond, Fulshear and surrounding Houston areas.
Learn more about Montessori classrooms and the Montessori Method here.
Grounded in Montessori principles and philosophy, our mission is to cultivate the greatest potential within every person.
To live in a world where the “whole person” is recognized and valued.
We are committed to following the principles and practices of Montessori philosophy. This authenticity can be seen in the physical classroom environments, the education levels and certification of staff, and in the core values of the school.
Our Focus on Nature
At Montessori House for Children and Elementary School, we are dedicated to actively engaging students in the natural world. We view this engagement as a vital part of physical, psychological and intellectual development.
Each classroom has access to outdoor patio and garden areas. Children participate in maintaining and cultivating life cycles of plants and animals in our butterfly, flower and vegetable gardens. We are also proud to be part of the ECO School program, through the National Wildlife Foundation.
What makes our PROGRAMS and school community unique?
A “long view” of education: providing a sound foundation with mastery of concepts which prepares the child to be a contributing member of his society from early age to adulthood
- Spanish Language Program (includes cultural and diversity education)
- Child-centered learning
- Self-directed learning
- Multi-age communities
- Uninterrupted work-cycles
- Beautifully prepared, child-oriented environments
- Multi-sensory, sequential, self-correcting Montessori materials
- Concrete to Abstract teaching materials and philosophy
- Learning which is linked to the natural world
- Montessori AMS accredited lead teachers
- Cultivating the potential of the “whole child”: the physical, emotional, intellectual, mental and spiritual
- Culturally rich and diverse community
- Warm and friendly school environment which “feels like home”
*Non-Discrimination Policy: The School admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students and does not discriminate on the basis of race in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs