Thank you for considering Montessori House for Your child's education. We are here to help you through the process of deciding the best educational experience for your child, and family.
the admissions process is as follows:
Tours are scheduled daily between 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Toddler & Early Childhood Application
- Elementary Application
- Class Visit (students age 4 yrs. and older are invited to visit the classroom prior to an admissions decision)
- Applications are accepted year-round. Notification of acceptance from the waiting pool begins in April 1st, for the academic term starting in August.
- All applications are placed into our waiting pool. As openings become available, applicants are chosen from the waiting pool based on several factors. The primary point of evaluation is that of school readiness and potential for success in a Montessori school.
- Submit completed Enrollment Form and Fees.
- Toddler’s transition includes a home visit and school visit, prior to his/her classroom transition.
- All students are accepted on a six-week trial basis.
PARENT ORIENTATION CONSISTS OF:
Prospective and current parents are always welcome to observe; observations are scheduled during the morning hours, October through April.
The school orientation takes place at the start of each semester and provides parents with general information about the Montessori philosophy and methodology and the benefits of a long-term Montessori education. Parents will also become familiar with the school’s handbook, opportunities for involvement and after school extracurricular programs.
At the start of each school year, parents are invited to attend their child’s classroom orientation. The classroom orientation provides parents with specific information about the classroom.
The Montessori Journey takes place annually and consists of a Friday evening and Saturday morning (breakfast included). This intensive workshop provides parents with insight into the “Montessori Way” of educating children and also provides practical experiences at each level: Toddler, Early Childhood, and Elementary. Another benefit of the journey is the bonding that takes place between parents and staff.
* Extended family and caretakers (grandparents, nannies, babysitters, etc.) are encouraged to attend.