We welcome new families to our school and we are conveniently located to the communities of Katy, Richmond, Sugar Land, and Fulshear. Interested in your child joining our Toddler Community?
Schedule a School Overview by clicking the link below to learn more about our school and educational approach.
“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. At no other age has the child greater need of an intelligent help.”
-Dr. Maria Montessori
In many ways, the toddler community resembles a home environment. Purposeful work lines the shelves and the entire space is at their own height. In this setting, the child can be independent and take ownership of his surroundings.
Our toddler communities provide:
- Dual Language Program, guides speak both English & Spanish
- Work areas including language, practical life, manipulative and expressive materials
- A dining area where children prepare foods and eat family style with their guides
- A sleeping area with provided mats, linens, and blankets
- Dressing and toileting areas, for learning independence in toileting and dressing
- An outdoor environment with a private, secure and shaded nature sanctuary. Includes butterfly, herb and vegetable gardens, bird feeders, and play equipment.
|Montessori Toddler Program||~16 months to 36 months|
|Academic Day||8:30 – 2:30 p.m. (August – May)|
|Full Day (Including Before/After School Care)||6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (August – May)|
|Summer Program Available||June through mid-August|
Our toddler community is rich with vocabulary, primarily English and Spanish. Toddler aged children are in a period of development that thrives upon the acquisition of language. During this unique period of time, children develop vocabulary and comprehend the meaning of words, from any spoken language! Guides in our toddler community speak interchangeably, between English and their native language.
Montessori Toddler Program FAQS
Many people wonder if Montessori works for all ages. When looking through your options for toddler schools, consider the many benefits of a Montessori Toddler Program:
- Toddlers are given the freedom to explore and learn at their own pace allowing for Montessori guides to tailor growth to the individual child.
- Montessori offers toddlers the ability to act independently! Independence builds self-confidence and a personal sense of value.
Montessori programs are available from infancy through high school. The decision of when to start is unique to each family. There are many Montessori practices that can be easily incorporated in home, until you make the decision to join a Montessori school:
- Creating an environment that fosters independence (child sized, well organized, and free from distraction).
- Limit what is harmful to early brain development (screen-time).
- Provide lots of time outdoors – connection with nature is beneficial on so many levels.
- Provide activities that are tailored to your child’s developmental level, ability, and interests.
Montessori is founded upon independence and respect. The sooner your child has exposure to an environment based on these principles, the better. Children are learning from birth, what they learn and how they develop is shaped by their environment. When a family joins a Montessori school, they are supported by well trained guides and experienced guides, who are happy to work with parents in creating the best environment from which their child will thrive!