“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. At no other age has the child greater need of an intelligent help.”
-Dr. Maria Montessori
In many ways, the toddler community resembles a home environment. Purposeful work lines the shelves and the entire space is at their own height. In this setting, the child can be independent and take ownership of his surroundings.
Our toddler communities provide:
- Dual Language Program, guides speak both English & Spanish
- Work areas including language, practical life, manipulative and expressive materials
- A dining area where children prepare foods and eat family style with their guides
- A sleeping area with provided mats, linens, and blankets
- Dressing and toileting areas, for learning independence in toileting and dressing
- An outdoor environment with a private, secure and shaded nature sanctuary. Includes butterfly, herb and vegetable gardens, bird feeders, and play equipment.
|Toddler Program||~16 months to 36 months|
|Academic Day||8:30 – 2:30 p.m. (August – May)|
|Full Day (Including Before/After School Care)||6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (August – May)|
|Summer Program Available||June through mid-August|
Our toddler community is rich with vocabulary, primarily English and Spanish. Toddler aged children are in a period of development that thrives upon the acquisition of language. During this unique period of time, children develop vocabulary and comprehend the meaning of words, from any spoken language! Guides in our toddler community speak interchangeably, between English and their native language.
Schedule a Virtual School Overview by clicking the link below. During this zoom call, you’ll get a sneak peek into our communities and learn more about our school and educational approach.