“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. At no other age has the child greater need of an intelligent help.”
-Dr. Maria Montessori
The first three years of a child’s life are a time of rapid development and discovery. The toddler community provides the child with an atmosphere of freedom and respect; where his blossoming independence is encouraged.
Children are given the freedom to make choices and to explore interests. While learning to care for one’s self, the community and the environment the child will develop and practice skills that serve as the foundation and preparation for life.
The Guide’s role in the community is to follow and observe the child; discovering his needs and interests as they are revealed. The Guide also offers assistance in a way that helps the child to help himself. It is our hope that every child will leave the toddler community with a foundation of confidence, strength and independence upon which he will construct his future self.
When a parent enters a Montessori environment for the first time, they are often surprised to see how much the classroom resembles a home environment. From the shelves lined with purposeful work to the community dining area and sinks at their height, the children are given all the opportunity to take ownership of their environment and gain their independence.
Our toddler communities provide:
- Dual Language Program, guides speak both English & Spanish
- Work areas including language, practical life, manipulative and expressive materials
- A dining area where children prepare foods and eat family style with their guides..
- A sleeping area with provided mats, linens, and blankets.
- Dressing and toileting areas, for learning independence in toileting and dressing.
- Outdoor environment, which opens directly onto a private, secure and shaded nature sanctuary with butterfly, herb and vegetable gardens, bird feeders, and play equipment.
|Toddler Program||~16 months to 36 months|
|Academic Day||8:30 – 2:30 p.m (August – May)|
|Full Day (Including Before/After School Care)||6:30 a.m – 6:00 p.m (August – July)|
Academic Day Monthly Tuition: $1,060
Full Day Monthly Tuition: $1,309